Comments that gratuitously attack or demean individuals or organizations are not acceptable. Comments flagged by readers will be reviewed by a moderator. Errors of fact can be reported directly to the Editor via the ‘Report an Error’ tab at the top of each story page.
- Harassing and stalking people or personal attacks of any kind are not tolerated. Users who violate this guideline may be banned.
- Show respect for the beliefs of others by treating them as you would want them to treat you.
- Racist, sexist, homophobic and otherwise discriminatory and offensive language will not be tolerated.
- Swearing, name-calling, and otherwise abusive language is unacceptable.
- Be relevant. Comments unrelated to the topic being discussed may be deleted.
- Don’t rush to judgment. Comments that are defamatory or otherwise falsely harmful to the reputation of others are not acceptable. Don't make statements of fact you can't back up in a court of law.
- There is zero tolerance for pornography, sexually explicit content and depictions of graphic or gratuitous violence. We will report child exploitation to the police.
- Inciting anyone to commit a crime may itself be a crime. Don’t do it.
- Refrain from commenting about criminal cases before the courts. Canadian judges have little tolerance for it, as do we.
- Do not infringe anyone's intellectual property, including by posting content you've copied from elsewhere.
- Do not use the comment section to advertise products or services. Buy an ad!
- Do not impersonate others. Do not use the personal information or image of another person without their consent.
- Finally, don’t flag comments just because you disagree with them; flag them because they violate these principles. Users who abuse this privilege may be banned.
3 stories to update you on COVID-19 in Ontario today
COVID-19 hospitalizations in Ontario went up more than 63 per cent over 4 weeks
Ontario announces $13.6 million in pandemic funding for schools in 4 regions
LIVE VIDEO: Ontario Premier Doug Ford provides daily update on COVID-19 November 26
Carte Blanche - Driving in winter
Through a combination of bad luck and bad management (mine...) I ended up having to drive a Ford Mustang GT...
Armchair adventures await in the latest historical fiction novels
The Sea Gate By Jane Johnson; Dark Tides By Philippa Gregory; The Forgotten Sister By Nicola Cornick; Daughter of Black...
After employees go public with concern, Penguin Random House remains tight-lipped over publication of Jordan Peterson’s new book
Winter driving tips from the professionals
First Drive - 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4MATIC and GLA 35
Toronto Star bestsellers for the week ending Nov. 25, 2020
Merry and bright: hosting for the virtual holidays with North Spirit
10 lavish gift ideas perfect for spoiling beauty lovers
TOP STORIES, delivered to your inbox.